Team Size and Type
When registering for the bike relay you will need to indicate how many riders are in your team and what category (solo, 2 person, 4 person, 8 person). There is an overall registration limit of 1,200 riders and  8-person teams. This event fills very quickly. Regardless of a sell out, Solo riders can continue to register until the April 13, 2018 Final Registration deadline.
- Solo - 1 rider - female or male
- 2 person - 2 riders - female, male, or mixed
- 4 person - 3 or 4 riders - female, male, or mixed
- 8 person - 5, 6, 7, or 8 riders - female, male, or mixed
- Team gender is determined by the combined gender of rider(s) when registering.
- Women's teams must be all women.
- Men's teams must be all men.
- Teams are otherwise mixed gender.
- Most riders use mountain, road, or hybrid bikes
- Recumbent and tandem bikes are allowed but must be used by every rider on a team
- Recumbent bikes can only draft with recumbent bikes and tandem bikes can only draft with tandem bikes
- Aerobars and disc wheels are not allowed (see Rules sections for complete rules details)
- A solo rider must ride all 8 legs (1 through 8).
- Solo riders must dip their timing sticks at the finish line.
- Cadence Cycle will be providing rider support for Solo riders at Checkpoints 3 and 5.
- Solo riders wishing to ride the event with no vehicle support, less support, or shared support, as a way of reducing vehicles on the road, can choose from the following options:
Solo Bag Drop
- Riders can leave a numbered race package bag with additional supplies (e.g. food, drink) with Cadence Cycle at the Start Line prior to 8:00 AM Saturday morning.
- Snack bags should be marked and designated for either checkpoint 3 or 5, or provide 2 snack bags, one for each checkpoint
- The Cadence Cycle vehicle will be identified with a pylon on its roof and a sign indicating “SOLO” with have the pre-checked bags.
- At checkpoints 3 and 5, look for the Cadence Cycle vehicle but do not go through the timing portals and do NOT dip your timing stick
Solo Cadence Snack Stop
- Cadence Cycle will also be providing a selection of snacks and beverages for Solo riders only at Checkpoint 3 and 5
2 Person Teams
- Each rider in a 2 person team must ride four (4) consecutive legs (legs 1-4 or 5-8) in order to be considered for category awards (1st, 2nd, 3rd). (Traditional 2 person team)
- 2-person teams registering riders not riding four (4) consecutive legs (e.g. legs 1-2 and legs 3-8) are not eligible for category awards. (Non-traditional 2 person team: results will show in a "2 person rec" category.)
- Any rider riding more than 1 leg, must still ride consecutive legs. (e.g. 1-5, 6-8, 1-2, 3-8)
- Regardless of legs ridden, 2-person teams only enter and must dip their timing stick at checkpoint 4 and at the finish line or risk being disqualified. Riders must not dip their stick at other checkpoints.
4 Person Teams
- Each rider in 4-person team must ride a minimum of two (2) consecutive legs (and only consecutive legs) to be considered for category awards (1st, 2nd, 3rd). (Traditional 4 person team)
- 4-person teams registering riders not riding two (2) consecutive legs (e.g. leg 1, leg 2, legs 3-5, legs 5-8) are not eligible for category awards. (Non-traditional 4 person team: results will show in a "4 person rec category.)
- Teams may use three or four riders.
- Any rider riding more than 1 leg, must still ride consecutive legs.
- Regardless of legs ridden, 4-person teams only enter and must dip their timing sticks at checkpoints 2, 4, and 6 and at the finish line or risk being disqualified.
- Riders must not dip their stick at other checkpoints.
- Teams registering 3 riders will pay the full 4 Person Team fee.
- Start Line Coat Drop for Leg 1 riders sponsored by Icycle Sport; if you need to have an extra layer on while waiting for your start on leg 1 (yet your support vehicle went south before the road closed), you can drop your coat/layer with Icycle Sport at the Start Line before your 8:40 start. You can pick it up at checkpoint 2.
8 Person Teams
- Teams may use five to eight riders
- Riders doing more than 1 leg must ride consecutive legs.
- The timing stick must be dipped at checkpoint 1 through 8 and the finish line.
- Teams will not received a formal time if checkpoints are missed.
- Teams registering less than 8 riders will still pay the full 8 Person Team fee.
- Start Line Coat Drop for Leg 1 riders sponsored by Icycle Sport; if you need to have an extra layer on while waiting for your start on leg 1 (yet your support vehicle went south before the road closed), you can drop your coat/layer with Icycle Sport at the Start Line before your 8:40 start. You can pick it up at checkpoint 1.
Important: Teams will be disqualified if checkpoints are missed.
Registration fees are based on your team size (solo, 2 person, 4 person, 8 person) and not on the actual number of riders on your team (this is relevant for 4 and 8 person teams only).
PLEASE NOTE: Your registration fee
- does NOT include a rider shirt. If you want any shirts, you must purchase them in addition to your team registration. You can make these optional shirt purchases when registering your team.
- DOES include the Saturday night supper (which will be at the SE Alaska Fairground this year which is walking distance from the Finish Line).
|Team Size||Registration Fee including taxes (Cdn$)|
Team captains must bring a completed and signed waiver for each member of their team in order to pick up their race package on the Tuesday (Whitehorse) or Friday (Haines Junction) night prior to the event (see Itinerary schedule for details). The waiver can be downloaded here.
Optional Items to Purchase When Registering Your Team
2018 Keepsake 25th Anniversary Shirts
Short Sleeve Bamboo T-Shirt
Saturday Night Supper Tickets
This year's Saturday night supper is included in the registration fee and will take from 5-9 PM (AK time) at the SE Alaska Fairgrounds which is walking distance from the Finish Line. The menu includes fresh salmon, salads, and desserts. Team registrations will include 1 supper ticket per rider size of team (solo=1, 2 person=2, 4 by minimum person=4, 8 person=8) regardless of how many riders are actually on your team. Additional supper tickets can be purchased at the door by minimum donation of $5 US.
Making Changes After Your Team Is Registered
- Team captains will be able to log back in to make changes to riders after your team is registered, if needed, until June 8, 2018. Please log in at www.karelo.com. If you need to change the team captain or have difficulty making changes, please email KCIBR before June 8/18. If you are adding riders (e.g. you registered 5 riders on your 8 person team and you now want to add one more rider), you will need to email KCIBR. If emailing KCIBR, please include your team registration number.
- T-shirt orders close on April 13, 2018. If you need to ADD shirts after your team is registered, log back into the Karelo site at: __________________________
- After June 8, change fees come into effect at $20 per individual change and must be made in person at the Whitehorse or Haines Junction race package pickup. Please do not leave changes to the last minute if at all possible. Payment will be by cash or cheque in US or Cdn currency at race package pickup.
- Refunds are not available for this event. If your team can no longer ride, you may be able to "sell" your team to another interested party. Please refer to the KCIBR Facebook page for people looking to buy a team. Please contact KCIBR if your team can no longer ride or if you have found a buyer for your team.
Registering Your Team
REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY NOT OPEN
Please refer to the:
- Itinerary page for information on race package pickup, and race start information
- Rules pages for traffic control information and information for riders, support vehicles, and participants