Team Size & Type
When registering for the bike relay you will need to indicate how many riders are in your team and what category your team is riding in.
- Solo - 1 rider - Men or Women.
- 2 person - 2 riders - Men, Women, or Mixed.
- 4 person - 3 or 4 riders - Men, Women, or Mixed.
- 8 person - 5, 6, 7, or 8 riders - Men, Women, or Mixed
- Women's teams must be all women.
- Men's teams must be all men.
- Everything else is a mixed team.
- Most riders use mountain, road, or hybrid bikes
- Recumbent and tandem bikes are allowed but must be used by every rider on a team
- Recumbent bikes can only draft with recumbent bikes and tandem bikes can only draft with tandem bikes
- Reminder: Aerobars and disc wheels are not allowed (see Rules sections for complete rules details)
- A single rider must ride all 8 legs (1 through 8).
2 Person Teams
- Each rider must ride 4 consecutive legs (legs 1-4 or 5-8).
4 Person Teams
- Each rider must ride a minimum of 2 consecutive legs (and only consecutive legs).
- Riders only go through the timing checkpoints 2, 4, and 6 or be disqualified. Riders must NOT go through the odd checkpoints.
- The registration system will only allow people to register for 2 or 4 legs.
- Teams may use three riders. Note that you will pay the full 4 Person Team fee and four meal tickets.
8 Person Teams
- Riders doing more than 1 leg must ride consecutive legs and go through each checkpoint.
- Teams may use five to eight riders. Note that you will pay the full 8 Person Team fee and you will receive eight meal tickets.
Important: Teams will be disqualified if checkpoints are missed.