How you can make KCIBR greener
KCIBR is asking you how to make the race greener.
One of our goals in running the KCIBR is to make the race more environmentally friendly. We have over 1000 people taking part in this event and that generates a lot of vehicle traffic and associated greenhouse gases. We are looking to reduce our footprint and improve how the event impacts the environment.
This is where we need you! If you have any ideas or comments on how to improve the race then please add to the conversation in the forums and it will be evaluated by the board!
Here are some things you can do....
- Re-use the bag in which your race package information and t-shirts comes in!
- Minimize the number of vehicles; try to have just one vehicle for every 4 riders.
- Bring your own bowl and spoon to the post race dinner.
- At the dinner, please sort your bowl, cup, plate, cutlery, and napkin according to the signs. We are trying to have as many compostable items as possible. Thank you to Haines Friends of Recycling for helping out!
- Take any compostables and recyclables back with you and deal with them responsibly when you get home.
- Lease a van for your team and reduce the number of vehicles on the road